Rats. We had an event that went so late last night, I missed doing a column.
So, for those who missed David Letterman . . .
The “Top 10” rejected Gore-Lieberman campaign slogans, as presented by Vice President Gore on “The Late Show with David Letterman” last night:
10. Vote for me or I’ll come to your home and explain my 191-page economic plan to you in excruciating detail.
9. Remember America, I gave you the Internet and I can take it away. Think about it.
8. Your vote automatically enters you in a drawing for the $123 billion surplus.
7. With Lieberman on the ticket, you get all kinds of fun new days off. Vote for us, we’re going to work 24/6.
6. We know when the microphone is on.
5. Vote for me and I will take whatever steps are necessary to outlaw the term, “Whazzzup.”
4. Gore-Lieberman: You don’t have to worry about pork-barrel politics.
3. You’ll thank us in four years when the escalator to the moon is finished.
2. If I can handle Letterman, I can handle Saddam Hussein.
1. I’ll be twice as cool as that President guy in the “West Wing.”
Quote of the Day
If brute force doesn't work, use more.~Anon.
Request email delivery
- Aug 7:
Schools And Tests
- Aug 5:
A Little Good News
- Aug 4:
Wisdom At 13 and 78 — It’s Magic
- Aug 2:
How They See Us
- Jul 31:
Tobias The Terrible
- Jul 30:
- Jul 29:
The End Of Democracy — And Rethinking Your 401K
- Jul 28:
Why — Like A Butterfly — You Matter
- Jul 27:
What We’re Offering
- Jul 24:
We All Care . . . But Will We Pay 17 Cents More For A Burger?
- Aug 7: