Rats. We had an event that went so late last night, I missed doing a column.
So, for those who missed David Letterman . . .
The “Top 10” rejected Gore-Lieberman campaign slogans, as presented by Vice President Gore on “The Late Show with David Letterman” last night:
10. Vote for me or I’ll come to your home and explain my 191-page economic plan to you in excruciating detail.
9. Remember America, I gave you the Internet and I can take it away. Think about it.
8. Your vote automatically enters you in a drawing for the $123 billion surplus.
7. With Lieberman on the ticket, you get all kinds of fun new days off. Vote for us, we’re going to work 24/6.
6. We know when the microphone is on.
5. Vote for me and I will take whatever steps are necessary to outlaw the term, “Whazzzup.”
4. Gore-Lieberman: You don’t have to worry about pork-barrel politics.
3. You’ll thank us in four years when the escalator to the moon is finished.
2. If I can handle Letterman, I can handle Saddam Hussein.
1. I’ll be twice as cool as that President guy in the “West Wing.”
Quote of the Day
Money is a singular thing. It ranks with love as man’s greatest source of joy. And with death as his greatest source of anxiety. Over all history it has oppressed nearly all people in one of two ways: either it has been abundant and very unreliable, or reliable and very scarce.~John Kenneth Galbraith, The Age of Uncertainty
Request email delivery