Rats. We had an event that went so late last night, I missed doing a column.
So, for those who missed David Letterman . . .
The “Top 10” rejected Gore-Lieberman campaign slogans, as presented by Vice President Gore on “The Late Show with David Letterman” last night:
10. Vote for me or I’ll come to your home and explain my 191-page economic plan to you in excruciating detail.
9. Remember America, I gave you the Internet and I can take it away. Think about it.
8. Your vote automatically enters you in a drawing for the $123 billion surplus.
7. With Lieberman on the ticket, you get all kinds of fun new days off. Vote for us, we’re going to work 24/6.
6. We know when the microphone is on.
5. Vote for me and I will take whatever steps are necessary to outlaw the term, “Whazzzup.”
4. Gore-Lieberman: You don’t have to worry about pork-barrel politics.
3. You’ll thank us in four years when the escalator to the moon is finished.
2. If I can handle Letterman, I can handle Saddam Hussein.
1. I’ll be twice as cool as that President guy in the “West Wing.”
Quote of the Day
The art of acting consists of keeping people from coughing.~Sir Ralph Richardson
Request email delivery
- Mar 22:
Pins And Groats — Be It Ever Thus
- Mar 21:
Demand Your Carbon Dividend
- Mar 20:
Success! Why Do New York’s Mayor And City Council Resist It?
- Mar 19:
The Other Kind Of Bankruptcy
- Mar 18:
- Mar 15:
Pete Buttigieg And John Delaney
- Mar 14:
The Fifth Risk
- Mar 13:
Reader Feedback: How About A Stock Update?
- Mar 12:
Eat Drink And Be Merry? . . .
- Mar 10:
Three Podcasts And Those Calls From Belarus
- Mar 22: