Rats. We had an event that went so late last night, I missed doing a column.
So, for those who missed David Letterman . . .
The “Top 10” rejected Gore-Lieberman campaign slogans, as presented by Vice President Gore on “The Late Show with David Letterman” last night:
10. Vote for me or I’ll come to your home and explain my 191-page economic plan to you in excruciating detail.
9. Remember America, I gave you the Internet and I can take it away. Think about it.
8. Your vote automatically enters you in a drawing for the $123 billion surplus.
7. With Lieberman on the ticket, you get all kinds of fun new days off. Vote for us, we’re going to work 24/6.
6. We know when the microphone is on.
5. Vote for me and I will take whatever steps are necessary to outlaw the term, “Whazzzup.”
4. Gore-Lieberman: You don’t have to worry about pork-barrel politics.
3. You’ll thank us in four years when the escalator to the moon is finished.
2. If I can handle Letterman, I can handle Saddam Hussein.
1. I’ll be twice as cool as that President guy in the “West Wing.”
Quote of the Day
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.~A winning entry in the Washington Post Style Section Invitational
Request email delivery
- Apr 13:
Justice, Music — And Wow!
- Apr 12:
An App You’ll Want To Check Out
- Apr 9:
Demented Agents; Brain HQ
- Apr 8:
Barney’s Excellent Advice
- Apr 7:
The Latest From Mystic Mag
- Apr 6:
Boehner And More
- Apr 5:
The Details Can Be A Little Challenging To Work Out, But . . .
- Apr 2:
Fixing Our Infrastructure . . . And Our Soul
- Apr 1:
Fun And Fraud
- Mar 31:
How’s Your Elevator Pitch?
- Apr 13: