Conservative George Will has left the Republican Party, says we must defeat Trump.
Bush Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson says country over party: we must defeat Trump.
I find it ironic that Republicans on my email list accuse me of partisanship because I’m a Democrat when this is what Republicans have said about Trump:
- Marco Rubio: a “fraud,” “con man” and “lunatic”
- Mitt Romney: Trump in the White House could “change the character of the generations of Americans that are following” and might result in “trickle-down racism,” “trickle-down misogyny” and “trickle-down bigotry.” “Just seeing this breaks your heart.”
- Lindsey Graham: a “race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot” and “a con artist”
- Bobby Jindal: a “madman who must be stopped”
- Rick Perry: a “barking carnival act.”
Because Friday’s Brexit-etc. post was so long, you may never have gotten to the end: The Inside Story Of How The Clintons Built A $2 Billion Global Empire. Where Trump University was a fraud that did zero of real use, the Clinton Foundation has been a tremendous, ground-breaking force for good.
Quote of the Day
Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks. --Karl Marx Capital as such is not evil; it is its wrong use that is evil. Capital in some form or other will always be needed. -- Gandhi~Gandhi
Request email delivery
- Mar 22:
Pins And Groats — Be It Ever Thus
- Mar 21:
Demand Your Carbon Dividend
- Mar 20:
Success! Why Do New York’s Mayor And City Council Resist It?
- Mar 19:
The Other Kind Of Bankruptcy
- Mar 18:
- Mar 15:
Pete Buttigieg And John Delaney
- Mar 14:
The Fifth Risk
- Mar 13:
Reader Feedback: How About A Stock Update?
- Mar 12:
Eat Drink And Be Merry? . . .
- Mar 10:
Three Podcasts And Those Calls From Belarus
- Mar 22: