GLDD’s backlog is up 50% versus a year ago. You can dredge up all the mostly encouraging news here. (Don’t sell your GLDD.)
McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said on the Today Show last Friday that ‘John McCain has fought his entire life for equal rights for everyone.’
Well, maybe not quite everyone.
He . . .
- fights to prevent gays and lesbians from serving in the military
- fights to prevent existing hate crimes legislation from being extended to cover gays and lesbians
- fights to prevent employment and housing nondiscrimination laws from covering gays and lesbians
- fights to deny gay and lesbian couples equal Social Security benefits and estate tax treatment
- fights to write discrimination into the Arizona Constitution
The late Barry Goldwater – a true Arizona conservative – long ago said of the military issue: “You don’t have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.”
I had planned to share the secret of wealth as today’s third item, but one thing led to another and now it’s time for Jon Stewart and the Fake News.
Have a good weekend!
Quote of the Day
In a conversation, keep in mind that you are more interested in what you have to say than anyone else is.~Andy Rooney
Request email delivery
- May 27:
- May 26:
- May 25:
- May 23:
Every So Often There’s A Column You Just Have To Read
- May 22:
Have A Great Long Weekend
- May 21:
Two Things To Keep Strongly In Mind
- May 20:
The World’s Stupidest Version Of A Discussion
- May 19:
The Earth Will Be Fine Without Us
- May 18:
Four Simple Things That — Together — Defeat The Virus
- May 15:
- May 27: