GLDD’s backlog is up 50% versus a year ago. You can dredge up all the mostly encouraging news here. (Don’t sell your GLDD.)
McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said on the Today Show last Friday that ‘John McCain has fought his entire life for equal rights for everyone.’
Well, maybe not quite everyone.
He . . .
- fights to prevent gays and lesbians from serving in the military
- fights to prevent existing hate crimes legislation from being extended to cover gays and lesbians
- fights to prevent employment and housing nondiscrimination laws from covering gays and lesbians
- fights to deny gay and lesbian couples equal Social Security benefits and estate tax treatment
- fights to write discrimination into the Arizona Constitution
The late Barry Goldwater – a true Arizona conservative – long ago said of the military issue: “You don’t have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.”
I had planned to share the secret of wealth as today’s third item, but one thing led to another and now it’s time for Jon Stewart and the Fake News.
Have a good weekend!
Quote of the Day
A cult is a religion with no political power.~Tom Wolfe
Request email delivery
- Jan 23:
Your New iPhone
- Jan 22:
Are We There Yet?
- Jan 20:
- Jan 18:
More on the Conversation
- Jan 17:
Putin’s Sneak Attack: He’s Winning
- Jan 16:
But Mainly . . . There Is No Crisis
- Jan 15:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The Green New Deal
- Jan 14:
Elizabeth Warren: Not Who You Think
- Jan 11:
- Jan 10:
Two Sonnets And An Investment Strategy
- Jan 23: