GLDD’s backlog is up 50% versus a year ago. You can dredge up all the mostly encouraging news here. (Don’t sell your GLDD.)
McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said on the Today Show last Friday that ‘John McCain has fought his entire life for equal rights for everyone.’
Well, maybe not quite everyone.
He . . .
- fights to prevent gays and lesbians from serving in the military
- fights to prevent existing hate crimes legislation from being extended to cover gays and lesbians
- fights to prevent employment and housing nondiscrimination laws from covering gays and lesbians
- fights to deny gay and lesbian couples equal Social Security benefits and estate tax treatment
- fights to write discrimination into the Arizona Constitution
The late Barry Goldwater – a true Arizona conservative – long ago said of the military issue: “You don’t have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.”
I had planned to share the secret of wealth as today’s third item, but one thing led to another and now it’s time for Jon Stewart and the Fake News.
Have a good weekend!
Quote of the Day
Wealth is the parent of luxury and indolence, and poverty of meanness and viciousness, and both of discontent.~Plato
Request email delivery
- Apr 25:
Around the World In 30 Minutes — For $1,500
- Apr 24:
New Power / Brain Power / Flower Power
- Apr 23:
Two Minutes on Golf
- Apr 20:
Getting Your $4,000
- Apr 19:
Not About Trump
- Apr 18:
No Time For By-Standers
- Apr 17:
NYT: Not Above The Law
- Apr 14:
TED: Living Forever — And Making Bail
- Apr 13:
If Only We Had Listened
- Apr 11:
Can It Happen Here?
- Apr 25: