GLDD’s backlog is up 50% versus a year ago. You can dredge up all the mostly encouraging news here. (Don’t sell your GLDD.)
McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said on the Today Show last Friday that ‘John McCain has fought his entire life for equal rights for everyone.’
Well, maybe not quite everyone.
He . . .
- fights to prevent gays and lesbians from serving in the military
- fights to prevent existing hate crimes legislation from being extended to cover gays and lesbians
- fights to prevent employment and housing nondiscrimination laws from covering gays and lesbians
- fights to deny gay and lesbian couples equal Social Security benefits and estate tax treatment
- fights to write discrimination into the Arizona Constitution
The late Barry Goldwater – a true Arizona conservative – long ago said of the military issue: “You don’t have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.”
I had planned to share the secret of wealth as today’s third item, but one thing led to another and now it’s time for Jon Stewart and the Fake News.
Have a good weekend!
Quote of the Day
Follow a tip from a company's president and you will lose half your money. Get a tip from the chairman and you'll lose all of it.~Bennett Goodspeed (The Tao Jones Averages) quoting a canny Scot.
Request email delivery
- Jul 24:
- Jul 23:
John Bolton and Kentucky — Sweet Defeat
- Jul 20:
He Is A . . .
- Jul 19:
Snake Oil, Fish Oil, And Fat Shaming II
- Jul 18:
Be Logical And Be Generous
- Jul 17:
What Democrats Stand For II
- Jul 16:
What Your Money Goes To Fund
- Jul 13:
Playing It Very, Very Smart
- Jul 10:
Buy and Hold Part II
- Jul 9:
- Jul 24: