GLDD’s backlog is up 50% versus a year ago. You can dredge up all the mostly encouraging news here. (Don’t sell your GLDD.)
McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said on the Today Show last Friday that ‘John McCain has fought his entire life for equal rights for everyone.’
Well, maybe not quite everyone.
He . . .
- fights to prevent gays and lesbians from serving in the military
- fights to prevent existing hate crimes legislation from being extended to cover gays and lesbians
- fights to prevent employment and housing nondiscrimination laws from covering gays and lesbians
- fights to deny gay and lesbian couples equal Social Security benefits and estate tax treatment
- fights to write discrimination into the Arizona Constitution
The late Barry Goldwater – a true Arizona conservative – long ago said of the military issue: “You don’t have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.”
I had planned to share the secret of wealth as today’s third item, but one thing led to another and now it’s time for Jon Stewart and the Fake News.
Have a good weekend!
Quote of the Day
Probably the greatest harm done by vast wealth is the harm that we of moderate means do ourselves when we let the vices of envy and hatred enter deep into our own natures.~Teddy Roosevelt, 1902
Request email delivery
- Sep 20:
- Sep 19:
9 Intriguing Apps; 10 Upbeat Messages
- Sep 18:
A Pox on ONE of Their Houses
- Sep 17:
Tom Friedman Nails It
- Sep 14:
Is Democracy WORTH Saving?
- Sep 13:
- Sep 12:
- Sep 11:
Of Signs And Scientists
- Sep 9:
Watch This At Home, Right Now, Today
- Sep 7:
Updates From Florida And The Vatican
- Sep 20: