GLDD’s backlog is up 50% versus a year ago. You can dredge up all the mostly encouraging news here. (Don’t sell your GLDD.)
McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said on the Today Show last Friday that ‘John McCain has fought his entire life for equal rights for everyone.’
Well, maybe not quite everyone.
He . . .
- fights to prevent gays and lesbians from serving in the military
- fights to prevent existing hate crimes legislation from being extended to cover gays and lesbians
- fights to prevent employment and housing nondiscrimination laws from covering gays and lesbians
- fights to deny gay and lesbian couples equal Social Security benefits and estate tax treatment
- fights to write discrimination into the Arizona Constitution
The late Barry Goldwater – a true Arizona conservative – long ago said of the military issue: “You don’t have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.”
I had planned to share the secret of wealth as today’s third item, but one thing led to another and now it’s time for Jon Stewart and the Fake News.
Have a good weekend!
Quote of the Day
A black man voting for the Republicans makes about as much sense as a chicken voting for Col. Sanders.~James Baldwin, Nobody Knows My Name
Request email delivery
- Sep 22:
- Sep 20:
These Really ARE The Good Old Days
- Sep 19:
- Sep 18:
God Save The Queen; The Queen Save The U.K.
- Sep 17:
Better Than Recycling
- Sep 15:
Tony Blair On Brexit
- Sep 13:
Patience, Jackass, Patience
- Sep 12:
A Word To White Supremacists
- Sep 11:
Have You Actually LISTENED To Ilhan Omar?
- Sep 10:
History’s Not Kind To The Guys Who Held Mussolini’s Jacket
- Sep 22: