GLDD’s backlog is up 50% versus a year ago. You can dredge up all the mostly encouraging news here. (Don’t sell your GLDD.)
McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said on the Today Show last Friday that ‘John McCain has fought his entire life for equal rights for everyone.’
Well, maybe not quite everyone.
He . . .
- fights to prevent gays and lesbians from serving in the military
- fights to prevent existing hate crimes legislation from being extended to cover gays and lesbians
- fights to prevent employment and housing nondiscrimination laws from covering gays and lesbians
- fights to deny gay and lesbian couples equal Social Security benefits and estate tax treatment
- fights to write discrimination into the Arizona Constitution
The late Barry Goldwater – a true Arizona conservative – long ago said of the military issue: “You don’t have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.”
I had planned to share the secret of wealth as today’s third item, but one thing led to another and now it’s time for Jon Stewart and the Fake News.
Have a good weekend!
Quote of the Day
The only money that's tainted is money that taint mine or taint enough.~an old Georgia governor
Request email delivery
- Sep 20:
Shooting From 187th Out Of 200 To #9
- Sep 18:
So? What’s BOREF Worth?
- Sep 16:
Test Drive Succeeded Yesterday
- Sep 15:
The Inside Story
- Sep 14:
- Sep 11:
The Dean of Republican Election Lawyers
- Sep 10:
Not Invented Here
- Sep 9:
My Pal Chester and “The Princess Bride”
- Sep 8:
Surgery By My Pillow Guy
- Sep 6:
How Would Jesus Vote?
- Sep 20: