- After 500 years of 3% inflation, $100,000 will be worth 4 cents.
- “The guy who invented playing cards was brilliant. But the guy who invented chips was a genius.” – Ricky Jay (himself a genius)
- Spending tens of thousands of dollars on a person’s last few months of life is compassionate – but spending. Spending tens of thousands of dollars to improve a person’s first few years of life is also compassionate – but investing.
- “A man who says he is willing to meet you half way is usually a poor judge of distance.” – Anonymous
- “This fishing tackle manufacturer I knew had all these flashy green and purple lures. I asked, ‘Do fish take these?'” “‘Charlie,’ he said, ‘I don’t sell these lures to fish.'” – Berkshire Hathaway’s Charles T. Munger, as quoted in Fortune
- THE LIMITS OF EXPERTISE: “Years ago my father was told the refrigerator was broken beyond repair. After the repairman left, my father kicked it, it started, and worked fine for eight years.” – my friend Mary O’Neil
Quote of the Day
The teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops.~Henry Adams
Request email delivery
- Aug 18:
400 Years Later
- Aug 16:
$5,000 For A New Knee; $400,000 For Literally Nothing
- Aug 15:
Bush 43’s Chief Speechwriter On Trump
- Aug 14:
Need A New Hip? A New Heart? Some Tomatoes?
- Aug 13:
Loving My Burgers
- Aug 12:
- Aug 10:
- Aug 9:
The New G.O.P.
- Aug 8:
- Aug 7:
The Day Toni Morrison Dropped By
- Aug 18: