- After 500 years of 3% inflation, $100,000 will be worth 4 cents.
- “The guy who invented playing cards was brilliant. But the guy who invented chips was a genius.” – Ricky Jay (himself a genius)
- Spending tens of thousands of dollars on a person’s last few months of life is compassionate – but spending. Spending tens of thousands of dollars to improve a person’s first few years of life is also compassionate – but investing.
- “A man who says he is willing to meet you half way is usually a poor judge of distance.” – Anonymous
- “This fishing tackle manufacturer I knew had all these flashy green and purple lures. I asked, ‘Do fish take these?'” “‘Charlie,’ he said, ‘I don’t sell these lures to fish.'” – Berkshire Hathaway’s Charles T. Munger, as quoted in Fortune
- THE LIMITS OF EXPERTISE: “Years ago my father was told the refrigerator was broken beyond repair. After the repairman left, my father kicked it, it started, and worked fine for eight years.” – my friend Mary O’Neil
Quote of the Day
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.~A winning entry in the Washington Post Style Section Invitational
Request email delivery
- Apr 13:
Justice, Music — And Wow!
- Apr 12:
An App You’ll Want To Check Out
- Apr 9:
Demented Agents; Brain HQ
- Apr 8:
Barney’s Excellent Advice
- Apr 7:
The Latest From Mystic Mag
- Apr 6:
Boehner And More
- Apr 5:
The Details Can Be A Little Challenging To Work Out, But . . .
- Apr 2:
Fixing Our Infrastructure . . . And Our Soul
- Apr 1:
Fun And Fraud
- Mar 31:
How’s Your Elevator Pitch?
- Apr 13: