- After 500 years of 3% inflation, $100,000 will be worth 4 cents.
- “The guy who invented playing cards was brilliant. But the guy who invented chips was a genius.” – Ricky Jay (himself a genius)
- Spending tens of thousands of dollars on a person’s last few months of life is compassionate – but spending. Spending tens of thousands of dollars to improve a person’s first few years of life is also compassionate – but investing.
- “A man who says he is willing to meet you half way is usually a poor judge of distance.” – Anonymous
- “This fishing tackle manufacturer I knew had all these flashy green and purple lures. I asked, ‘Do fish take these?'” “‘Charlie,’ he said, ‘I don’t sell these lures to fish.'” – Berkshire Hathaway’s Charles T. Munger, as quoted in Fortune
- THE LIMITS OF EXPERTISE: “Years ago my father was told the refrigerator was broken beyond repair. After the repairman left, my father kicked it, it started, and worked fine for eight years.” – my friend Mary O’Neil
Quote of the Day
I went to St. Mary's Hall, an Episcopal girls' high school. I was one of six Jewish girls, and what I really wanted to do was to play the Virgin Mary in the school play. They wouldn't let me because I was Jewish. I wanted to say, Excuse me! Hello! She was Jewish!~actress Judith Light
Request email delivery
- May 25:
The Truth Matters
- May 24:
The Pope: God Made You This Way
- May 23:
Travel Tip: Take Alexa WITH You?
- May 22:
Have You Already Seen This One?
- May 21:
How The Enlightenment Ends . . .
- May 18:
My Classmate Saved Stephen Hawking
- May 17:
Hi-Yo, Silver! (Unless You’re Poor)
- May 16:
Will On Pence
- May 15:
Mitch McConnell Speaks
- May 14:
From Greece To Iran
- May 25: