You’ve probably already seen it, but just in case.
And it’s not just Oprah. We have tons of potential traditional Democratic candidates with tremendous smarts, integrity, experience, and good will.
But for now, can we please focus on a massive turn-out November 6 that flips Congress and a great many state legislatures blue?
The perpetual Republican “vision” of tax cuts for the rich, that has led to tens of trillions of dollars in National Debt (stemmed only by Clinton and Obama), produces nothing but rising inequality and, for many, despair.
And don’t tell me you don’t know what Democrats stand for, because you do.
And I’ll prove it.
See if you can identify which party favors each of these:
1. TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH
2. RAISING THE $7.25 MINIMUM WAGE
3. CONFRONTING CLIMATE CHANGE
4. OPENING WILDERNESS AREAS AND COASTLINES TO DRILLING
7. WOMEN’S RIGHTS
8. LGBT EQUALITY
9. DEFUNDING PLANNED PARENTHOOD
10. CONSUMER PROTECTIONS
11. IMPROVING THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT
12. REPEALING THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT
13. RESPECTING UNIONS
14. BREAKING UNIONS
15. MAKING IT HARDER TO VOTE
16. MAKING IT EASIER TO VOTE
17. REFINANCING FEDERAL STUDENT LOANS AT TODAY’S LOW RATES
18. SENSIBLE GUN SAFETY REGULATION
19. SEPARATING CHURCH AND STATE
20. PROGRESSIVE JUDICIAL APPPOINTMENTS
21. THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA
Not to say every single Democrat and Republican in Congress is in lockstep on every issue.
And not even to say which of these positions is right or wrong (though I certainly have my opinion).
But how many of the 21 did you have trouble identifying with one party or the other?
Feel free to suggest others to get it up to an even 25 or 50.