So I had that little Valentine’s Day comment about two consultants dating. It brought forth unto my e-mail this wonderful Letterlist from a consultant at Andersen Consulting, who got it from a guy at Goldman Sachs — I wish I knew where it actually began, because I’d like to give proper credit. But whoever penned it clearly knew whereof he/she spoke.
(What’s a Letterlist? You mean you’re never awake at midnight, eleven Central, watching CBS? Dave doesn’t call them that, but surely he’s earned a dictionary entry.)
Top Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Consultant:
- Referred to the first month of your relationship as a “diagnostic period.”
- Talks to the waiter about process flow when dinner arrives late.
- Takes a half-day at the office because, “Sunday is YOUR day.”
- Congratulates your parents for successful value creation.
- Tries to call room service from the bedroom.
- Ends any argument by saying, “Let’s talk about this off-line.”
- Celebrates anniversary by conducting a performance review.
- Can’t be trusted with the car — too accustomed to beating up rentals.
- Valentine’s Day card has bullet points.
- Refers to lovemaking as a “win-win.”
* * *
Ah, but what if you fall in love with the Dogs of the Dow rather than a management consultant? Come back Monday.
Quote of the Day
To some, the glass is half full. To others, half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.~unattributed
Request email delivery
- Oct 18:
And Speaking Of Dementia
- Oct 17:
Hurry Up, Robert Mueller
- Oct 16:
Read This Book Or I’ll Shoot This Dog*
- Oct 14:
Watch This New Disney Clip
- Oct 12:
- Oct 11:
You Don’t NEED To Know The Candidates — Just Vote
- Oct 10:
The War On Normal People
- Oct 9:
What Dr. Ford and Justice Kavanaugh Have In Common
- Oct 7:
- Oct 4:
The Democratic Message
- Oct 18: