Yes, he’s old. (Me, too.)
But . . .
In just two years he’s:
- Defeated the biggest threat to democracy we’ve ever faced — by 7 million votes.
- Restored our alliances and strengthened NATO.
- United all of Europe in support of Ukrainian sovereignty, setting Russia back decades.
- Eliminated the leader of Al Qaida.
- Restored competence and professionalism to the State Department . . . and to the rest of the executive branch.
- Restored integrity, decency, dignity, modesty, and compassion to the Presidency.
- Ended the deadly Covid plague for anyone choosing to be vaccinated.
- Rescued the economy and brought the unemployment rate to its lowest level in half a century.
- Made clear that he and almost all Democrats want to FUND the police, not defund them as the other party voted to do.
- Appointed a wonderful Supreme Court Justice and dozens of federal district court and appellate judges.
- Signed into law a massive infrastructure bill to help revitalize the country, after decades of prior presidents’ failing to do so.
- Signed into law the strategically and economically spectacular Chips-Plus package.
- Signed into law a gun safety bill that, while wholly inadequate (an 18-year-old can’t buy a beer but can a deadly weapon?), nonetheless did something for the first time since 1994.
- Is poised to sign into law a bill that will reduce the cost of prescription drugs, meaningfully restore our global role in confronting the existential climate crisis, and levy tax on the uber-wealthy and most profitable corporations while not seeking a dime from anyone else.
- Is poised to sign into law the PACT Act, extending benefits for veterans.
- And more.
The country is moving forward.
Many of you helped make this possible.
Have you done all you can to fund the organizing effort that is our best chance to save democracy and keep America moving forward?