Really? What would you call the letter Trump personally dictated describing his son’s meeting with the Russians (“if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer”) as being “primarily about the adoption of Russian children.”
What would you call his paying hush-money to a porn star?
And so much else he’s going to extraordinary lengths to keep hidden, like the tax returns he would “absolutely” release if he ran for president. Do you know the story of his pick for IRS Commissioner? The story of his pick for IRS chief council? (If not, start watching 10 minutes in.) Appalling. But like the honey badger, Senate Republicans, they don’t care.
And here’s another list worth circulating. Trump has tweeted “The Democrats are getting ZERO work done in Congress. All they are focused on is . . . the witch hunt.” Yet since regaining the gavels this past January . . .
- House Democrats passed the Equality Act.
- House Democrats passed a package of bills to protect people’s access to health care and help make prescription drugs more affordable.
- House Democrats passed a disaster relief bill.
- House Democrats passed a bill to restore net neutrality.
- House Democrats passed the Climate Action Now Act to take action to protect our climate and create economic opportunities.
- House Democrats reauthorized and expanded the Violence Against Women Act.
- House Democrats passed legislation to require background checks for all gun sales.
- House Democrats passed legislation to help close the gender pay gap.
- House Democrats passed historic anti-corruption reform and provisions to strengthen our election systems.
All that’s blocking their adoption are the Republican-controlled Senate and Trump.
Click here to fund the early organizing that is our best shot at building a massive blue wave next year and saving our democracy.
Quote of the Day
To produce an income tax return that has any depth to it, any feeling, one must have Lived and Suffered.~Frank Sullivan, American humorist
Request email delivery
- Sep 18:
So? What’s BOREF Worth?
- Sep 16:
Test Drive Succeeded Yesterday
- Sep 15:
The Inside Story
- Sep 14:
- Sep 11:
The Dean of Republican Election Lawyers
- Sep 10:
Not Invented Here
- Sep 9:
My Pal Chester and “The Princess Bride”
- Sep 8:
Surgery By My Pillow Guy
- Sep 6:
How Would Jesus Vote?
- Sep 4:
Everything but . . .
- Sep 18: