Really? What would you call the letter Trump personally dictated describing his son’s meeting with the Russians (“if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer”) as being “primarily about the adoption of Russian children.”
What would you call his paying hush-money to a porn star?
And so much else he’s going to extraordinary lengths to keep hidden, like the tax returns he would “absolutely” release if he ran for president. Do you know the story of his pick for IRS Commissioner? The story of his pick for IRS chief council? (If not, start watching 10 minutes in.) Appalling. But like the honey badger, Senate Republicans, they don’t care.
And here’s another list worth circulating. Trump has tweeted “The Democrats are getting ZERO work done in Congress. All they are focused on is . . . the witch hunt.” Yet since regaining the gavels this past January . . .
- House Democrats passed the Equality Act.
- House Democrats passed a package of bills to protect people’s access to health care and help make prescription drugs more affordable.
- House Democrats passed a disaster relief bill.
- House Democrats passed a bill to restore net neutrality.
- House Democrats passed the Climate Action Now Act to take action to protect our climate and create economic opportunities.
- House Democrats reauthorized and expanded the Violence Against Women Act.
- House Democrats passed legislation to require background checks for all gun sales.
- House Democrats passed legislation to help close the gender pay gap.
- House Democrats passed historic anti-corruption reform and provisions to strengthen our election systems.
All that’s blocking their adoption are the Republican-controlled Senate and Trump.
Click here to fund the early organizing that is our best shot at building a massive blue wave next year and saving our democracy.
Quote of the Day
Athletes make good sales people. There were once so many ex-jocks at one particular brokerage office that when somebody yelled, 'Check the tape!' (meaning the ticker), they all looked down at their ankles. Or so the story goes.~.
Request email delivery
- Jan 28:
Maybe We Should Call It Something Else
- Jan 26:
- Jan 25:
Depoliticizing The Court
- Jan 24:
Way Too Soon To Say
- Jan 21:
I Was +Arrested+ In Ukraine
- Jan 20:
Want To Save Democracy?
- Jan 18:
Should Canada Build A Wall?
- Jan 16:
Summer Of Soul
- Jan 14:
- Jan 12:
Getting Unimaginably Richer Producing Nothing
- Jan 28: