Really? What would you call the letter Trump personally dictated describing his son’s meeting with the Russians (“if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer”) as being “primarily about the adoption of Russian children.”
What would you call his paying hush-money to a porn star?
And so much else he’s going to extraordinary lengths to keep hidden, like the tax returns he would “absolutely” release if he ran for president. Do you know the story of his pick for IRS Commissioner? The story of his pick for IRS chief council? (If not, start watching 10 minutes in.) Appalling. But like the honey badger, Senate Republicans, they don’t care.
And here’s another list worth circulating. Trump has tweeted “The Democrats are getting ZERO work done in Congress. All they are focused on is . . . the witch hunt.” Yet since regaining the gavels this past January . . .
- House Democrats passed the Equality Act.
- House Democrats passed a package of bills to protect people’s access to health care and help make prescription drugs more affordable.
- House Democrats passed a disaster relief bill.
- House Democrats passed a bill to restore net neutrality.
- House Democrats passed the Climate Action Now Act to take action to protect our climate and create economic opportunities.
- House Democrats reauthorized and expanded the Violence Against Women Act.
- House Democrats passed legislation to require background checks for all gun sales.
- House Democrats passed legislation to help close the gender pay gap.
- House Democrats passed historic anti-corruption reform and provisions to strengthen our election systems.
All that’s blocking their adoption are the Republican-controlled Senate and Trump.
Click here to fund the early organizing that is our best shot at building a massive blue wave next year and saving our democracy.
Quote of the Day
Government is the only agency that can take a useful commodity like paper, slap some ink on it, and make it totally worthless.~Ludwig Von Mises
Request email delivery
- Feb 20:
WheelTug Doubles Its Order Book
- Feb 19:
Bernie Fans Should Like Mike, Too
- Feb 18:
Tom Likes Mike
- Feb 16:
- Feb 13:
The Opposite of A Cult
- Feb 12:
Be A Fanatical Optimist
- Feb 11:
You’re Paying $650 A Night; And $1 Trillion For 2.3% Growth
- Feb 10:
Another Note To Bernie Bros; And To Cult Member Lindsey Graham
- Feb 7:
Compare The Prayer
- Feb 5:
Overturning An Election; The State of the Union Is Factually Flawed
- Feb 20: